Rabbinic Intern, 92nd Street Y – New York, New York | August – October 2018
· Moderated online engagement with High Holidays @ Home (HH@H) members via Facebook.
· Built relationships with institutions (i.e. nursing homes, hospitals, military organizations) which serve populations who could benefit from our resources.
· Worked alongside 92nd Street Y staff and clergy to make sure the over 2,000 participants from 43 countries in our online community were engaged and represented during the High Holiday experience.
Rabbinic Intern, Congregation Rodeph Shalom – Philadelphia, PA | June-August 2018
· Led Shabbat services individually and as part of clergy team.
· Facilitated Shabbat morning Torah Study with a community of adult learners.
· Contributed to Life-Cycle events (Bnei Mitzvah, Unveiling, Baby Naming, Beit Din/Conversion).
· Served as congregational representative at community meetings.
· Developed and executed adult education and confirmation academy curriculum.
· Created materials for reframed Bnei Mitzvah Project program.
Student Rabbi, Beth Yehuda -Lock Haven, PA | August 2016 – May 2017
· Led monthly Shabbat and annual High Holiday services.
· Taught adult learners and young students in the community.
· Visited with ailing community members who could not attend synagogue.
Pastoral Chaplain, Hospital at the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, | August 2015 – May 2016
· Completed one unit of ACPE accredited chaplaincy.
· Provided pastoral care for patients of all faith backgrounds across hospital.
· Served Jewish population through pre-Shabbat visitations and needs specific to Jewish patients.
Student Rabbi, Ohev Sholom – Harrisburg, PA | High Holy Days 2016
· Led family services and programming for 100+ congregants on Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur.
· Worked alongside and received mentorship from congregational clergy.
Student Rabbi, University of Maryland Hillel – College Park, MD | High Holy Days 2015
· Led Reform services for Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur.
· Worked with Hillel Staff and Student Leaders to develop meaningful prayer experiences.
Teacher, Beth Chaim Reform Congregation- Malvern, PA | 2017-2018
· Co-Developed and taught Confirmation curriculum based around Jewish Identity Building, i.e. “How Judaism Speaks to Me”.
· Led students in Walking the Walk dialogues with students from other local houses of worship.
Academic Director, Julian Krinsky Camps and Programs – Villanova, PA | Summer 2017
· Supervised staff of 40 educators for JKCP Villanova Enrichment Program.
· Coordinated programming alongside the JKCP residential staff.
· Engaged parents of students weekly and as needed to ensure open communication.
Program Director, Harlam Day Camp – Bryn Mawr, PA | Summer 2015 and 2016
· Responsible for all camp scheduling and oversaw development of special program days.
· Supervised specialty program areas such as music, art, nature, and athletics.
· Mentored staff in program writing and evaluation.
· Worked to infuse Judaism into daily activities at camp.
Internal Operations Coordinator, Tribe 12 – Philadelphia, PA |2012-2014
· Responsible for communications, including website upkeep and management, and promotional materials.
· Maintained financial records, organizational statistics and communicated with funding organization, the Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia.
· Coordinated Limmud Philly, a three-day volunteer-led learning festival.
Social Work Intern, POWER: An Interfaith Movement – Philadelphia, PA | 2013-2014
· Responsible for researching and applying for foundation grants.
· Collaborate with community leaders to develop POWER’s Winter Concert Choir Fundraiser.
· Co-lead “House Meetings” aimed at recruiting potential POWER participants.
Social Work Intern, WES Health Systems, Student Therapeutic Services – Philadelphia, PA | 2012-2013
· Acted as Therapeutic Clinician at Thomas Morton Elementary School serving students diagnosed with Disruptive Behavioral Disorders.
· Provided individual counseling for students and regular contact with parents and teachers.
· Facilitated weekly group therapy sessions for a group of 12, 1st-3rd grade students, teaching skills such as conflict resolution and self-regulation.
Education Administrator, Congregation Rodeph Shalom - Philadelphia, PA | 2009-2012
· Acted as liaison between the Religious School, clergy, parents, and faculty.
· Coordinated logistics for all congregational educational activities.
· Recruited, interviewed, and hired staff.
· Managed faculty contracts and payroll.
· Provided curriculum adjustments, creative programming, and technical support.
Program Coordinator/Engagement Associate, Univ. of Penn. Hillel – Phila., PA |2008-2009
· Developed and implemented educational and social programming for college students.
· Served as a mentor for students participating in Jewish Life Liaison Internship.
HONORS AND AWARDS
· Truah, Year in Israel Fellow (2014-2015)
· Be Wise Fellowship Participant (2018-2019)
Awarded to pursue Mixtape Midrash initiative
· 92nd Street Y Jewish Innovation Fellowship (2018-2019)
· The Jacob and Malvina Lutwak Memorial Prize to a Deserving Student (2016)
· The Gavi Klonsky Award for "Amitz Lev” – for Spirit, Character and Strength of Heart (2017)
· Alvan D. Rubin Scholarship Prize awarded for General Excellence (2017)
· Alan M. Weisman Prize in Homiletics (2018)
· Emmanuel Green Prize for Proficiency in Midrash and Hebrew (2018)
· Sylvia Levenstein Prize in Human Relations (2018)
LEADERSHIP AND SERVICE
· Jefferson University Hospital, Palliative Care Program, Pastoral Volunteer (2018)
· Team in Training, Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, Participant (2016-2017)
· Harlam Day Camp Advisory Board, Member (2014-2016)
· Center for Progressive Leadership, New Leader’s Program, Graduate (2011)
Hebrew Union College - Jewish Institute of Religion, Anticipated Ordination 2019
Thesis: Rabbinic Responses to September 11th, advised by Dr. Adriane Leveen
Temple University School of Social Work, 2014
Master of Social Work
Macro Practice with Organizations, Communities, & Policy Arenas, Specializing in Children & Families
University of Pittsburgh, 2008
Bachelor of Arts in Religious Studies